Thursday, August 26, 2010

Why Southwest Airlines Uses a Heart in their Logo

I have flown Southwest Airlines many, many times. I've also flown other airlines and found that there isn't much difference between the customer service I receive during my flight. All the flight attendants do the same thing - hand out drinks and snacks and call it a day. This is what I believed until yesterday. Yesterday, Southwest Airline's stock shot up sky high in my book.

This was the first time I have traveled round trip with a child - 18 months old to be exact. The flight attendants for my return flight from Las Vegas to Albany made the flight incredibly easy for me. After handing out drinks and snacks the main flight attendant rubbed my daughter's back and feet to help her relax on the flight. My daughter was never fussy, but the flight attendant knew that it would calm me down to have my daughter calmed down. She even gave my daughter a finger puppet to play with - which my daughter loved! The flight attendant genuinely cared about my daughter and I during the flight and it showed through everything she did. Including getting my daughter refills on her apple juice 3 times!

The male flight attendant played peek-a-boo with my daughter for a few minutes while up front as well. For flight attendants to worry about the well being of a child and whether she was happy or not was important to me. Children are often seen as a nuisance on a flight and not once was my daughter treated that way.

Anything that we needed we were provided with right away. I have flown Southwest many times and never once have I had a flight experience this positive. From the time that the wheels went up when the flight attendant sang her "Summer Time" song until the wheels touched down and the flight attendant sang another Southwest song, I was the happiest I have ever been on an airplane.

I would dare any other airline to give me this kind of customer service.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home