Monday, September 20, 2010

Couch to 5K Update - Catching the Running Bug

I've told you all about how much I have always wanted to be a "runner". I have finally found a program that is working for me. I'm doing the Couch to 5K running program and so far I like it. I like it so much that despite the soreness in my thighs I wanted to get out and do W1D1 all over again today! No, really, I wanted to do it again when I got home tonight.

I didn't run though. I used today to rest my sore muscles so that I could do W1D2 tomorrow. I also used this evening to research Heart Rate Monitors. I did my research and finally found one that is affordable and had everything that I wanted in a Heart Rate Monitor. I purchased the GSI Super-Quality All-In-One Waterproof Exercise Monitoring System With Built-In USB Interface from Amazon. The most important thing to me in finding a HRM was that it have a USB interface and be accurate when keeping track of my heart rate. The GSI has a USB interface and stores up to 7 days of workouts before you have to plug the USB into your computer to dump the data. The HRM also comes with:
  • Multi Function Training and Exercise Tool - Calorimeter, Pedometer, Speedometer and Odometer with Heart Rate Monitor!
  • Dual 3D Sensor Detects Walking Or Running - Time/Date/Alarm - Stores 7 Days Exercise Record Summary
  • Speed Function Measures Maximum Speed, Average Speed and Current Speed - Counts Steps and Total Exercise Time
  • Watch Your Current, Maximum, Minimum and Average Heart Rate - Amount Of Calories and Fat Burned
  • Top Part Of Watch Detaches From Band and Plugs Into a USB Port - For Data Upload To PC
Another great thing about this HRM is that it is very inexpensive through Amazon. This HRM usually retails for $129.99 but is currently selling on Amazon for $59.99 with free Super Saver Shipping!

I cannot wait to receive my new HRM and review it for all of you! Happy Running!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home