Thursday, September 23, 2010

Couch to 5K Update - W1D3 Complete

Today was my 3rd day of the C25K Plan and I almost didn't get it in. My honey was working so it was just me and the baby. I could have so easily just said, "Nope. After dinner I'll play with my girl and we'll just wait for Daddy to get home." But I didn't. Instead after dinner I looked at my daughter and asked her, "Want to go for a run with Mommy?" Nodding enthusiastically she ran for the door. So on went my running clothes and we were off - me at a brisk walk pushing her jogging stroller.

Tonight was the hardest night I've had with this so far. It wasn't that I didn't really want to do it, it was that I am exhausted from my week which is what made it harder. But I pushed through it and I was so happy that I did. When I got home I was sweating, but panting a lot less than I have the last two times I ran. My breathing felt more controlled this time around - I definitely noticed improvement from the first time I did this. Is that normal? If you've participated in this program before can you let me know when you first noticed a difference in your running?

All in all, I'm loving this program. I love the satisfaction of logging my runs each time. I'm loving the feeling of accomplishment I get when I finish my run. I would encourage anyone who is considering giving running a try to do this program. It's so fabulous!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When did I first notice a difference in my running? Week 3. I really struggled through Week 1 and Week 2. But I stuck with it and have now completed Week 5 (and 2 5km runs to celebrate completing Week 4 and Week 5). It's a great program and has really worked for me.

September 24, 2010 at 6:48 AM  
Blogger AReviewforYou said...

Thank you so much for the comment! I am glad to know that it does get easier. I'm looking forward to continuing with the program. I will actually be running my first 5K on 10/2, so right after I finish week 2. I'm a little worried about it, but I know that I'm doing it for me and not to expect super results. I'm not going to worry about my time, right now I just want to focus on finishing! :-)

September 24, 2010 at 9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home