Saturday, November 6, 2010

My Opinon: The NEW myHannaford Number/Stickers Program

Let me begin by saying that I love Hannaford. I love that I can create shopping lists online and access them through my Blackberry so all I have to do is bring my phone with me to shop. No need for a paper list. I love their online printable coupons - especially when they sneak in a $5/$50 purchase like they have been known to do. I love that Hannaford posts their online weekly flyer one night early so that I can list all of the weekly deals and coupon match-ups here for you so that you can plan your shopping trips to save you the maximum amount of money - whether that means using coupons on national brands or purchasing Hannaford brand products.

My biggest gripe about Hannaford was always that they did not have a "shopping card". I know that the bottom line at Hannaford has always been that they keep their prices low for everyone so that there wasn't a need for an additional savings card. But lets be honest, there are perks to having a card and if you sign up for it, you should be able to take advantage of those perks.

With all that said, I am so very glad that Hannaford has decided to do their version of a savings card. With their myHannaford program you can order stickers with your special account number on them to use for scanning when you check out. I love that Hannaford finally jumped on this bandwagon so much that it doesn't even bother me that they utilize stickers instead of just sending you a card. My reasoning for this is because I have managed to stick a sticker on anything I might take into Hannaford with me: my Blackberry, drivers license, another grocery store's savings card, my bank card and the inside of my wallet. There is no possible way this can be forgotten.

Hannaford lists the advantages of using your myHannaford stickers on its website, but I will list them again here for your easy access:
  • Receive special coupons at the register or online
  • Receive email notification of recalled items you purchased
  • View purchase history online for budgeting online
  • Track your Guiding Stars purchases online
  • Print Health Care Reimbursement / Flexible Spending Account reports
  • Print donation reports for charitable tax reporting
  • Add your myHannaford number to Upromise and then only scan your myHannaford number at the store
My personal favorites from the list of advantages is the easy access printing of my health care reimbursement/flexible spending account reports and the Upromise link where I only need to scan my myHannaford number at the store to get my credit and use my coupons.

So, before you knock the program, try it. The stickers really aren't that bad, and are actually useful when stuck to everything that you think you might take into Hannaford with you! Do you have your myHannaford number and stickers yet? How do you like the new program?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was very helpful! Thanks for the insight

January 2, 2011 at 8:23 AM  
Blogger AReviewforYou said...

You're very welcome! I'm glad I could help!

January 2, 2011 at 2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home