Sunday, January 2, 2011

$35 Saved on My 12/31/10 Hannaford Shopping Trip

Do you ever run into those moments where you are going through your coupons and realize that you have a ton of coupons left that all expire on the same day - and amazingly enough those coupons are all for things you either need or could use?

That was me on 12/30/10. I had planned on using a lot of those coupons the week of Christmas, but ended up getting in a car accident so that was pretty much the furthest thing on my mind. So when I was clipping coupons last week I realized that I had a ton of coupons that were all going to expire on 12/31/10. Some I tossed out, but others, like $0.70/1 Kellogg's Raisin Bran, FREE Barilla Plus Pasta, $1/1 Lindsay Olives, $1.50/1 Duracell Batteries, $0.50/1 Kraft Sandwich Shop Mayo (my honey loves the Chipotle flavor), B1G1 Nivea Lip Care or $1/1 Quaker Hearty Medleys Cereal just could not be forgotten about. Do you see my dilemma?

So, with my coupons in hand, I made my way to Hannaford on New Year's Eve. There were certain items that I had originally planned to pick up at Walmart, but when I ventured through the aisles at Hannaford, I realized that some of their prices on household items were actually better or the same as my Walmart. 

Between my $5/$50 Hannaford Purchase coupon, $1/1 Hannaford Brand Item coupon and $2/1 Meat Purchase coupon, my $23 worth of Manufacturer coupons and Hannaford Sale items, I ended up saving $35.27! That's right my total before coupons was $126.43. After my coupons I only paid $91.16. And I walked away with another $1/1 Hannaford item coupon.

All in all, I got items I needed and items that I could use to fill my stock. Definitely worth the trip on New Year's Eve - I wasn't doing anything anyway!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home