Friday, June 25, 2010

Today's Target Trip



Today was amazing day of savings for me today at Target. I have never saved this much at Target before. My trip to Target was also a great example of what happens when you explain to a manager at Target that you write a blog about saving money. And despite the fact that my blog only has 4 followers here and only 10 on Facebook, this guy took me seriously and gave me the deal I deserved!


First things first, the deal I managed to get the Target Manager to work out for me:
We don't have a Super Target - our Target doesn't have produce or anything like that but it has a pretty decent grocery selection. However, I found out today that my Target does not stock 6-packs of 12oz. cans of Pepsi products. It is only the mini cans of the 24oz. bottles. I had an in-store Target coupon for $1/1 6-pack of a Pepsi product. I grabbed a manager and asked him if I could use my coupon on the mini cans of Diet Pepsi. He looked at my coupon and explained that since the coupon did not specify a size of the product, just a 6-pack, then it would work. That's when I noticed that the 6-packs of 24oz. Diet Pepsi bottles were on price cuts this week down $4.69 to $3.50 - already a great deal, but I asked him if I could use my $1 coupon on that instead of the mini cans. He said yes! I managed to get 1 6-pack of 24oz. bottles of Diet Pepsi for $2.50 after my $1/1 coupon. That's the equivalent of getting a 12-pack of 12oz. cans of Diet Pepsi for $2.50. Needless to say, Randy loved me when I came home with bottles of Diet Pepsi for his lunch at work this week!

The rest of my savings:
2 Lysol Automatic Soap Dispensers - $11.48/2
Normally $9.99/1 I had 2 $3/1 coupons from the newspaper, 1 $2/1 Target Coupon and 1 $0.50/1 Target Coupon.

2 Olay Total Effects Body Wash - 2/$3
Normally $5.50/1 I had 2 $4/1 coupons from the P&G Brand Saver making these $1.50 each

2 8.4oz. Satin Care Shaving Gels - 2/$1.58
Normally $1.97/1 these were on Price Cut at Target this week for $1.79/1, even the bottles that had "20% More!". I had 2 coupons for $1/1 and ended up getting these for $0.79 each.

1 Desitin and 1 Johnson and Johnson Bedtime Bath Soap - $4.53
I had a $1/1 coupon for Desitin, $1/1 Johnson & Johnson product and $0.75/2 Target Coupon 

2 Yoplait Gogurt - $2.58
$1/1 Yoplait Gogurt and $0.80/2 Yoplait Gogurt

A total savings of $25.60. After taxes and the deposit on my 6-pack of Diet Pepsi 24oz. bottles I paid $29.01!!!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home