Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Family Dinner Time Thanks to Price Chopper - Meatloaf Recipe Included

Tomorrow night I will be entertaining my in-laws at dinner. My father-in-law is going to help us with a huge home improvement project and since I live to feed people, of course I'm making dinner. I have gone back and forth in my head on what to make and when I revisited the Price Chopper circular this week it was as if the decision had been made for me! I had almost forgotten that the 93% lean ground beef is on sale this week! This sale gave birth to my idea of making meat loaf and mashed potatoes.

Brown Sugar Meatloaf

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup ketchup
  • 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
  • 1 pound meatloaf mix
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 3/4 cup finely crushed Ritz Low Sodium Crackers

Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 5x9 inch loaf pan.
  2. Press the brown sugar in the bottom of the prepared loaf pan and spread the ketchup over the sugar.
  3. In a mixing bowl, mix thoroughly all remaining ingredients and shape into a loaf. Place on top of the ketchup.
  4. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until juices are clear.  

I already have at home: brown sugar, ketchup, milk, eggs, salt, pepper, onion, ground ginger and the low sodium Ritz crackers. I only have to purchase the lean ground beef ($3.59/lb = $1.80 for the ground beef in this recipe) and the meat loaf mix which usually runs around 3.59/lb. I already have the potatoes for my mashed potatoes - I bought those last week at Price Chopper when the 5lb bag was BOGO. I also have the green beans I plan to serve - I stocked up on those during the "Go Can Crazy" event at Price Chopper. So out of pocket I am maybe at most spending $10 to feed 4 adults and 1 child. How can you argue with that?


Finally I am also going to be using my Facebook Price Chopper coupon and get my Central Market Classics 5" cake for $5. This is my dessert contribution - rather than making something, I will use my coupon that saves me time and money and have a fabulous cake to serve up for dessert.


Thank you, Price Chopper for having a hand in yet another one of my dinners!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home