Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Couch to 5K Update - W2D1 Complete - Running in the Rain

I completed Day 1 of Week 2 on Sunday. I was honestly craving a run. I wanted to run - I think I'm becoming addicted now.

I left my honey watching football and took Abbey out for my run with me in the jogging stroller. It is noticeably more difficult to do this with the jogging stroller - she weighs 24 pounds so I'm pushing at least that much weight while running. I'm also doing hills. I start my run with a brisk walk (like I'm supposed to) going up the hill from our house. It's hard to do it with the jogging stroller, but it's not so bad when I'm on my own.

I'm trying really hard to stick to the schedule from C25K, but it's hard because when I'm doing the running part I get so excited that I'm running that I don't want to stop. I actually have to shout in my head to STOP when my 90 seconds of running are up.

Yesterday, I got so restless from sitting at my desk at work I told myself I needed to run - even though according to C25K I wasn't supposed to run. The whole idea is that they don't want you to get burned out, which I totally understand. But it was like my body was saying, "Run, run, run!" So I got home, made dinner and then changed into my running clothes. 

My decision to run did not go over with my honey so well. The conversation went something like this- Him: "Where are you going?" Me: "Running." Him: "It's raining." Me: "So?" Him: "Do what you got to do." I'm so glad he's supportive!

Here's the thing about running when it is raining: You're getting soaked so you want to run. I didn't want to walk. It wasn't long - maybe 15 minutes, but I ran around the whole block. The best thing though was that I didn't care that I was getting wet. I was just so happy to be out there and be active. To me that's what all of this is about - no excuses and wanting to do it. It is so much easier to do something when you want to do it, not because you have to do it. It's more fun this way too!

Just in case you're wondering, I did take tonight off. There's a method to my madness - I'll fill you in on it tomorrow - after my run!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home