Monday, October 4, 2010

A Lesson in Customer Service

About four weeks ago I registered online at Hannaford.com for myHannaford number stickers. In four weeks, I can honestly say that I made a mental note about these stickers 3 times. This was mostly because I registered for the Upromise program and the eCoupons are good at Hannaford, so it would have been nice to take advantage of that. But none-the-less it wasn't a huge deal to me that it had taken this long to get my stickers.

Then on Friday my mailman dropped a big package in my mailbox with a return address from Hannaford. The package was kind of squishy and I thought it definitely too big to be my stickers. I had no idea what they could have possibly sent. Intrigued, I opened the envelope to find a coupon portfolio and a letter from Hannaford apologizing for the delay in sending my number stickers.

How truly amazing is it, that in this day and age where I sometimes feel that the customer has been forgotten, that Hannaford managed to make me feel like the most important person in the world? They don't know who writes this blog so I know that wasn't why I received this little gift. And I know that I was not the only person who received this "thank you for your patience" gift from Hannaford.

Kudos to Hannaford for putting their customers first, I truly hope that other companies learn from the way that you treat your customers. 

P.S. Thanks for the coupon portfolio - I used it during my Hannaford trip at lunch today!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home