Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Review: Guilt Free Comfort - Eating Healthy Never Tasted this Yummy!

A while back I was watching The Biggest Loser and Tweeting about it like I always do. This was the episode with the cupcake reward challenge. I was starting to tweet about how incredibly yummy all of those cupcakes looked when a post from @GuiltFreeComfor caught my eye. She claimed that she could make a cupcake for around 60 calories that tasted just as good as the high calorie real thing. There was no way I was going to believe this until I tried one for myself.

I had the pleasure of sampling these absolutely amazing cupcakes a few weeks ago. The cupcakes from Guilt Free Comfort are exactly as the name sounds, guilt free comfort. And trust me when I tell you that eating healthy never tasted this yummy!

The idea behind Guilt Free Comfort is  that being healthy, shouldn't mean giving up the comfort foods you love so much. All food prepared by Guilt Free Comfort, either has the fat, calories, or sugar reduced for the benefit of your waistline. They also provide Gluten-Free and Vegan options.

Guilt Free Comfort shipped me 2 red velvet cupcakes and my mother and I both sampled them. Now let me tell you, I am a cupcake connoisseur. I love cupcakes and I love baking cupcakes even more. But when I sampled my red velvet cupcake from Guilt Free Comfort, I could not believe that it actually had only 60 calories. I immediately wrote and asked how it was possible for them to make a cupcake that tasted so yummy and claim that it was only 60 calories.

The answer, according to them, was simple: the recipe is followed like a typical 260 calorie red velvet cupcake only with half the sugar, and half stevia. Then the chefs stretch it so the same mix rather than make a dozen cupcakes can make 5 or 6 dozen. That can be done by replacing the eggs in the recipe, with egg whites only, but folded in like a meringue. That makes them super fluffy and stretches out the mix. There are other secrets, but if everyone knew them then Guilt Free Comfort wouldn't be the only bakery who could do this! The cupcakes themselves are only 45 - 50 calories each, however the chefs, like me, believe that you can't make a cupcake without frosting. So they add a spread made from concentrated flavors that tacks on another 10 - 15 calories resulting in an amazing 60 calorie cupcake.

I would encourage all of you to check out Guilt Free Comfort. If not just for the cupcakes for so many other delicious goodies that they offer, such as cookies, cakes, pies, cobblers, pastries, brownies, pizza and other non-dessert items. Plus, they ship and make beautiful gift baskets.

I am hoping that I can talk them into partnering with me for a giveaway so that one or two of you can try out their amazing products! Trust me, you won't want to miss anything that comes from Guilt Free Comfort!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home