Friday, January 7, 2011

My Review - Kashi GOLEAN Crisp Toasted Berry Crumble

A while ago I signed up for a FREE sample of Kashi GOLEAN® Crisp!™ from Vocalpoint. My reasoning for requesting the sample was 2 fold: 1) I've made a commitment to myself and my family to make healthier choices, even healthier than I have already made, when it comes to food. And 2) I was skeptical about whether or not this would taste good and I wanted to be able to give it an honest review for all of you.
    When my sample of Kashi GOLEAN® Crisp!™ Toasted Berry Crumble arrived, I set it on the counter with the rest of our cereal and pretty much forgot about it for a few days. I am serious when I say that I was seriously skeptical about whether or not this cereal would taste good, which is why I tried to forget about it. I was afraid that it would have that same cardboard-like flavor that so many other "good for you" cereals have. 

    Then one night I needed to put something in my stomach so I could take a pain pill. My eyes immediately went to the tiny box of Kashi on the counter. Just the right size for a small meal and combined with milk it would make that pill sit easier in my system. So, what the hell, I poured the cereal in a bowl, topped it off with skim milk and thought, "Here goes nothing."

    This was my very first thought after my first spoonful: "WOW!!!" Then I looked at my Honey and said, "We need to get a bigger box." He laughed! But in all seriousness this cereal was beyond the best cereal I have ever tasted! I had to look at the box to make sure it really was good for me. The subtle sweetness of the granola mixed with the berries was super yummy. It didn't even have the strange texture that I anticipated it would have.

    The best part about this is in the tiny little box that was my sample, Kashi included coupons! To me this said, "We are confident enough that you will love our product and will want to run right out and buy a bigger box." Heck ya, I wanted to buy a bigger box of Kashi GOLEAN® Crisp!™ Toasted Berry Crumble cereal! Even better, one of the coupons included was a $3/1 coupon. There were 3 more $1/1 coupons, which is good, because I bought all 4 boxes that were sitting on the shelf at my Hannaford store. 

    In case you are wondering, I went through my first big box of this cereal in 3 days. I ate it for breakfast and for lunch for 3 days in a row. That is how much I love this cereal. If you made a New Year's resolution to make healthy choices regarding the food that you eat, this cereal has got to be added to your grocery list. And if you are a Hannaford shopper like me, Kashi GOLEAN® Crisp!™ Cereals are only $2.99 (I found it in the Organic section).

    And before I end this review I would be a horrible reviewer if I didn't tell you what makes this super yummy cereal so good for you. Here it is, straight from Kashi's website:
    • 9g Protein (that's more protein than one large egg)
    • 8g fiber
    • 18g of whole grains
    So there you have it. Kashi GOLEAN® Crisp!™ Toasted Berry Crumble cereal is yummy. I wish that I could give all of you a box to try because I am absolutely confident you will love it. If you haven't tried it yet, run out and buy Kashi GOLEAN® Crisp!™ Toasted Berry Crumble - I promise, your taste-buds won't regret it!

    Labels:

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home