Saturday, January 8, 2011

Sunday Dinner 1/9/11

My meal planning got thrown off for this week. Mostly because I've been in a lot of pain since the car accident before Christmas, so I've had to defer dinner to my Honey. Let's just say he doesn't believe in following a meal plan.

Nevertheless, I decided that I'm reclaiming Sunday Night dinner. Tomorrow I will be making the bacon wrapped fillets from Chef's Requested, only I'll be adding a Merlot Butter Sauce and onion strings.

I'll post the recipe for everything to the blog later, but in case you are wondering about how I plan to make the Merlot Butter Sauce I thought I would fill you in about that now.

Here is how I plan for it to go: I'll put 3/4 of a bottle of Merlot in a saucepan with some chopped shallots, reduce it down to almost nothing. Then - off the heat - I'll whisk in butter one tablespoon at a time until it reaches the desired taste and texture. It is possible it may need to be strained through a chinois, but I'll have to wait and see.

What are you cooking for Sunday Dinner?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home