Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Recipe: Super Easy Chicken Puttanesca

I have been sick with the flu for the last few days, so it has been a lot of slow cooker meals and leftovers in my house lately. Well, today my fever finally broke and I was feeling a little better than I have over the last few days and I was really in the mood to cook. I wanted to cook but I wanted it to be simple. I had a craving for chicken and decided that I wanted to make Chicken Puttanesca.

With that said, here is my recipe for Chicken Puttanesca.

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound, boneless chicken breast halves (about 4)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 packet onion soup mix
10.5 ounces water
1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives cut in half
3 tablespoons rinsed and drained capers
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 teaspoons anchovy paste 

Instructions:
  1. Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat.  Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until well browned on both sides. While chicken is browning put onion soup mix in 10.5 ounces of water.  Remove the chicken from the skillet.
  2. Reduce the heat to medium.  Add the garlic to the skillet and cook and stir for 1 minute.  Stir in the soup mix/water mixture, tomatoes with liquid, olives, capers, red pepper and anchovy paste and heat to a boil.  Cook for 10 minutes or until the soup mixture is reduced to 2 cups.
  3. Return the chicken to the skillet.  Reduce the heat to low.  Cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
Serving suggestion: Serve with pasta and warm crusty bread.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Sharon Sussick said...

Just wanted to let you know I made your Chicken Puttanesca last night and my guy and I loved it! It was very easy and I made 4 large chicken breasts so I ate one for lunch today and I have to say it tasted even better today. The flavors melded even better with time. We served it with whole grain penne pasta and was able to get my guy to eat healthy! I appreciate you posting your recipes so please keep um' coming!

December 14, 2010 at 4:47 PM  
Blogger AReviewforYou said...

I am so glad you enjoyed it! You are definitely right, this is one of those recipes that tastes even better the next day. The flavors just have more time to come together making for some super yummy leftovers! I am so very, very glad you enjoyed the recipe because I love coming up with them. I'll be sure to post more!

December 14, 2010 at 4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home